Type: Fixed-term 1.10.2020-30.6.2021 (9 months), continuance is negotiable
Preferred background: 2nd – 5th years of studies
Work hours: Part-time 50-60%
Starting date: October 2020
Location: Otaniemi, Espoo
Application deadline: Sunday 13.9.2020
Digitalization is one of the key strategic initiatives of Aalto – Aalto targets to be a leading ICT University, and an acknowledged leader in digital learning, open research data, partner ecosystem and campus services.
Aalto University is looking for a Communications Trainee to support them in sharing their plans, activities and success stories with the Aalto community. Your tasks include, for example, planning and creating ways and content for our communications – interviewing people, writing articles on projects and success stories. In addition to written content your role includes also producing and editing videos as well as other communications-related tasks.
This role offers a genuine chance to have a holistic view on digitalization activities in Aalto and to be a part of making digitalization known across our university. We don’t expect you to be a full professional, yet this is the chance to get to utilize your full potential.
We expect you to have:
• Strong interest in communication planning and creating diverse content
• Some experience in creating appealing content: writing articles, creating and editing video material and other marketing content
• A curious and open mind
• Proactive attitude to work and ability to work independently
• Fluent written Finnish and English
• Understanding the higher education sector as a whole
• A responsible, diverse and challenging job description
• A possibility to be a part of making digitalization known across our university
• Responsible role and possibility to work independently
• Flexibility with working hours
• A possibility to gain a huge amount of experience in a versatile communication role
Interested? Submit your application letter and CV in PDF as soon as possible but by the latest on Sunday 13.9.2020 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/
You can familiarize yourself with Aalto University here: https://www.aalto.fi/fi. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Milla Saari (+358 50 524 1998, milla.saari[ät]atalent.fi).
In this position, you will be employed directly by Aalto University.